Use the Images in your Projects.....
Local media and newspapers have used the images in articles and features creating many enquires and interest. Organisations have used the images for events and exhibitions. Publishers have used the images for books and publications. Their donations are a vital element in providing funds to continue the capture, restoration and research of the Ward Philipson archive. The unique significance and importance of the image content has gained momentum both locally and nationally, with many requests for details and copy images.
There are many more images in the collection than on this web site and available for you to utilise. During the last few months we have discovered more industrial views of shipbuilding and coalmining, and even discovered a few images of the 'Airship R100' which was built in 1927 at Howden in Yorkshire by the Airship Guarantee Company a subsidary of Vickers. If you looking for an image please contact us, we may be able to help you.
Images have been utilised by many local and national organisations throughout the world being featured in publications, exhibitions and events, including:-
* STING using an image of shipbuilding on the River Tyne at Wallsend for 'The Last Ship' drama presentation in New York U.S.A.
* Newcastle's 'Castle Keep' features images of old Newcastle, with the support of a large 'Heritage Lottery' grant.
* Durham 'Heritage Lottery' Wharton Park redevelopment featuring image of Barbara Castle and Labour Rally.
* Edinburgh based architects report for the National Trust realating to Seaton Delaval Hall restoration.
* Gateshead Care Home develops Dementia Gallery with large local images as an aid to patient care.
* 'Baltic 39' develops Ward's High Bridge buildings and features Ward's factory in 1905 images.
* Hotel chain displaying images of Team Valley, Gateshead for interior decoration.
* University of London using images of high rise flat developments in Sunderland.
* Local history groups using the images for their own web sites and publications.
* National Glass Centre using images of'Pyrex' glass in Sunderland.
* Local art galleries using images of the North East in the 1890's.
* BBC Televison featuring image of Bamburgh Castle on 'Coast'.
* and many other groups and individuals utilise our images on their projects and presentations...............
Would you like to use our images?
We can supply most images at high resolution, in most formats and without watermarks or badging. Majority of the images on this web site are low resolution and unrestored. Let us know how you would like to use the images and we will try and help you. We only ask for a donation to our project for a licence.
Please contact us for more information or with your specific enquiry.
We would be pleased to hear from you.